Saturday, July 16, 2005







Well, I have had a busy couple of days. Yesterday Paul and I drove up to camp to pick up Jennifer. She has the next week off. We left home around 3 PM and got into Wrightwood at 6:30 PM. The traffic was heavy in some areas. We ate at a new restaurant in town called Grizzly Cafe. It was really good, very cute and a very nice gift shop attached called the Golden Acorn. Wrightwood has needed a place like this to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner for a long time. After eating dinner we went on to camp where we had to wait for Jennifer to finish her chores and get her things together. We had a nice time visiting some folks we know up there. We left around 9 PM and got home at 11 PM. But it was much later than that before we all got to bed.

Today Jennifer was invited to the wedding of a couple from our church. I drove her down to Laguna Beach as she is not familiar with the area and it gave us a chance to catch up. While she went to the wedding I walked around town for a while and I took some pictures of the area which are above. I then walked over to the area of the wedding/reception and discovered that I could stand above it all and take some photos so I have posted those above too. Rebecca who sometimes leaves comments here is the lovely young woman holding the orchids. I was very pleased with that picture!

After leaving the wedding around 2:30 PM we headed over to Monica and Tim's place along with some other friends of Jennifer's and then we went to see Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory. This is a movie Jennifer was really hoping to see while she was home. We all had a bite to eat at the food court next to the theater before the movie. We really enjoyed this film and found it to be a lot of fun. Jennifer and I got home around 7:30 after enjoying a really nice day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to see some of the wedding. I really love the picture you took of Rebecca!

Rebecca and I were going to try to see Willy Wonka on Saturday after having dinner with Jon & Donna, but time got away from us and we didn't get to see it. Perhaps in the future we'll both see it separately.

Jenna and Josh are coming to visit on August 3. They are flying in and then leaving on the 8th.

You had mentioned going to Fortune Cookies with Rebecca and me; unfortunately, we never did go. Rebecca is having a time adjusting to US food. Each time she eats, she feels sick to her stomach. I hope she didn't catch some nasty thing in Korea. She came home from Ghanna with some extra friends (malaria bugs); we don't need a repeat of that!

Gotta go. Love you.

It was so good to see Paul last night! I didn't get a chance to talk to him. I miss seeing his smiling face!

Anonymous said...

Still love that picture you took of Rebecca!