Saturday, July 02, 2005














Late this afternoon the city of Lakewood held their second annual Block Party. This is something they started last year on the weekend prior to the Fourth of July. It was such a success they decided to do it again this year. As part of this event they do a fund raiser for the Lakewood libraries called Taste of Lakewood. You buy tickets and then redeem them at various food booths for meals, snacks and beverages. This year that area was very well planned and laid out and the variety of food was good. The problem for me was that I had little to do. After getting something to eat and consuming it , that was it. There was live music, which I didn't care for and it was hot. They have a nice area set up with things for kids to do, but that is of little interest to me. The Lakewood Mall will be putting on a fireworks show at 9 PM and last year it was very good. But this time I did not stay. By 6 PM I was done. I went to the car and sat for a little while listening to music and then decided to come home.

One nice thing I saw was a car show in the parking lot of Fuddruckers near where I parked. Very cool cars. I took quite a few pictures and above are some examples.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice cars! Check out the car I got to ride in at the end of my blog.

I tried to leave a comment on Jennifer's blog, but it asked me for her email address, which I don't have. Can you give it to me because I would like to encourage her that people are reading her blog.

Glad to read about your life! I think blogging is great!

Elizabeth said...

I love your blog! Your pictures are great.