Sunday, July 03, 2005


This morning our hand bell choir performed our two patriotic numbers, America The Beautiful and The National Hymn (God Of Our Fathers). The first service we stumbled a little bit but second service sounded good. I felt much better on the second service number.

I wish I had thought to have someone take pictures of us while we were playing but didn't. Maybe next time. (edited, Monday 7/4. My friend Jan did take pictures. Here is one that only shows part of the hand bellers. You can not see me because I was behind flowers and hidden from Jan's view) We are planning to do a number on September 11th which will be part of a presentation to honor those who died on that date. Should be very moving. We have been practicing the piece we will play, Partings, for some time now and we are feeling very comfortable with it.

Beautiful weather today. Should be nice for the holiday tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took pix, Irene. I didn't get a picture of you because you were behind the floral arrangement. But, I'll email them to you.

Anonymous said...

I love hand bell "choirs" or whatever you call them. Wish I could have been there!