Thursday, July 14, 2005


This morning I took Metro Rail into Hollywood for a ceremony on Hollywood Blvd. giving Disneyland a special star called Award of Excellence. This ceremony occurred at 10:40 AM and Bob Iger, the incoming CEO of the Disney Co. and Michael Eisner, the outgoing CEO said a few things as did Johnny Grant. (One of the pictures posted here shows all three of them) The Disneyland Band started things off by marching in and later about 40 or characters from the park came out and stood on either side. The star was positioned in the entrance way to the newest Disney store which is next door to the El Capitan Theater. It is called Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store. Inside you can sit and have a small lunch and/or ice cream sundaes or cones. They also sell merchandise unique to this store and DVD's of Disney movies and TV shows. It is very nice. I had a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch and a scoop of Rocky Road ice cream which was really good. I am going to try and put lots pictures here on this post. I just don't know where they will all end up getting placed, but I think you will be able to figure them out. All in all it was fun and I enjoyed myself very much.

After I finished my lunch I walked around the area a little bit. They are doing work on the Highland shopping area. This is already fairly new so I really can't figure out what they are doing to improve it. It looks fine as it is. These pictures I have posted are all over the place and have even gone down into my previous post so I am just writing to fill in space. Turns out if you are using Internet Explorer then they look OK.

Edited July 16. I went in and changed something in my format. Looks OK to me now in both Netscape and IE.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're very adventuresome! It is taking all my nerve just to take the bus to see the King Tut exhibit! I tend to be somewhat nervous about going by myself to someplace; I guess I'm afraid I'll get lost. Now traveling around the world, that's different! I love that, but I rarely travel alone. I usually go with at least one other lady.