Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Last night I attended a class I had signed up for through OASIS (look in my archives for a previous explanation of OASIS). The class is called "Film Appreciation: Dinner and a Movie". Last night's focus was on director Vincente Minneli. The gentleman who led this workshop gave us a brief bio on Minnelli and talked about the themes he used in his movies and stuff like that. While he spoke we had a dinner catered from Mimi's Cafe. We had three different kinds of salads to choose from (I had Cobb), dressings, large muffins, beverage, and some candy to choose from. The movie we saw is a just released DVD of Paint Your Wagon with Fred Astaire and Cyd Charisse. It was filmed in 1953. I generally like musicals but this one really wasn't my cup of tea. The look of the film, color and so on, was really good. I just didn't care for most of the musical numbers and the storyline. Still, all in all, it was a nice way to spend an evening.

On another topic, my brother has decided to start a blog also. Here is a link to his blog

My brother's blog site

No comments: