Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Paul is out right now pulling the battery from the Toyota. He will get a new one from Sears and install it. I am so glad I am married to someone who can take care of cars.

Well, I am considering cutting my hair short. Gasp! After my cancer/chemotherapy four years ago my hair has really grown back. It is down my back now and it became something of a badge of honor or courage or whatever to me. When it first grew in it was very curly. That curl is still there to some extent but it is so long now the weight is pulling it out. My hair is also much thicker than it used to be. Hard way to get thick, curly hair. But now it is annoying. It is hot and it is always in my way. When I wash it I put it up in pin curls overnight and the next morning it looks real good, but it doesn't last. So I am thinking of going to a salon that participates in the program called Locks of Love. Here is a link, http://www.locksoflove.org/ They use real, donated hair to make wigs for kids mostly who have no hair either due to illness or a disease that leaves people hairless. I figure I went through chemo and lost my hair and now I can give back. But this is still a huge decision on my part. I really like my hair when it is fresh and curly, but it only stays that way for a few hours. And it is hot and all over the place and I don't look good with my hair pulled back in a ponytail. I am 56 and maybe I should have shorter hair. I don't know.

Jennifer is having a good time. The theme this year for the camps is along the lines of pirates so the back drops she will be working on have to do with that. I don't know yet where these are going. One scene she said is an island with a pirate ship in the background. Another is a pirate ship that is shipwrecked. She doesn't know what the other two will be yet. One thing they are doing this week is a "trust" workshop. Learning to work together and all that stuff. One thing they will do is climb a tree using climbing equipment and then close your eyes and fall off and trust. This is not a problem for her because one of her electives in High School was rock climbing.

Tonight I will be going to my church, Bethany Bible Fellowship in Westminster, to practice hand bells. We are planning a performance on Sunday, July 3 and we will be playing three patriotic numbers in honor of Independence Day.

Well, Paul has asked if I want to go to Sears with him so I think I will do that. Adios.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Irene!

Thanks for the nice comment! You know, locks of love is a great organization. When I got my hair cut the week before my wedding, I was able to donate my hair. It wask a good feeling. I can't remember whether I donated it to locks of love or wigs for kids, though.

Anyway... I was thinking about you and your husband and daughter a little while ago, and I was thinking about how much I love you guys. You are such special people, and I am so glad that I know you.

I hope you have a great day.