Thursday, June 23, 2005

I had an interesting start to the day. While fixing breakfast I cracked open an egg and, it was a double yoke. Wow, I don't think I have ever had a double yoke before. I know that sounds weird but I thought it was pretty cool.

We got the battery, it is installed and the car is up and running! While we were out and about to get the battery we went by Borders Books so I could use the $10 gift card that I got as a gift from one of the students on the last day of school. We have PhotoShop 7 on the computer and this is something I want to learn. So I have purchased a simple, easy to use book to teach myself PhotoShop. No use having such a powerful program just sit here. May as well use it.

I also went by the salon that is listed on the Locks Of Love site near my house. They will cut your hair for free there and send it to locks of love. Hair must be clean and dry. They will cut it off, then wet the hair and cut and trim and blow dry it. Anything else, like shampoo and conditioner is extra. I will need an appointment and they do this on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Still thinking. I have not decided but leaning closer to cutting.

Jennifer is having a good time at camp. Enjoying the group and the work. I guess you could say she is a happy camper.

Hand bell practice went well last night. Our director is on vacation but we have two girls in the group who are excellent ringers and musically well versed so they led us through the two pieces we will be doing on July 3, America The Beautiful and The National Hymn (God of our Fathers). These pieces are coming together quite nicely.

Today Paul is looking into a car situation we have. I am also going to try and get him to look at links and photos on this site. I keep saying that, don't I. I have also reconsidered putting up my trip diary. After I posted my Disneyland trip report and saw how long it was, well ... the vacation report would be huge. So, I don't think I will. If anyone wants to see it, let me know in a comment and I will email it to you. If I don't have your email address, I will need that.

That closes out another exciting day in my summer life. Weather here has cooled down a little bit.

No comments: