Sunday, June 19, 2005

I did not care for the font I used this morning so I am going back to what I had.

I just finished a new writing, did a preview and then tried to back up. Oops, guess I can't do that, lost everything. So I will start again.

Got daughter safely up to camp. If you would like to know more about this camp here is a link
http://www.verdugopines.org/
We had a good trip up, no traffic problems going or coming home. A tradition we have is to stop at Bob's Big Boy in Diamond Bar for one of their Big Boy Combos. Yum. I miss Bobs. We used to have one around the corner from our house. Now it is a Cocos which I do not like. So we followed tradition and stopped at Bob's on the way and had our combo.

Arrived at camp around 3 pm and got all her things in her dorm room. They have fixed up the dorm rooms real nice. On one side of the room are three bunk beds. These are separated by a small wall so that every two girls have their own "space". Every two girls have their own 5 drawer dresser and an open closet to hang clothes in. On the other side of the room is a couch and a table. In the bathroom, under the sink, is a plastic drawer thing so the girls can put their bathroom things there. They were each given a small gift bag which had a bottle of water, some snacks and two 20 minute phone cards. Also in the staff lounge there is a computer they use to send and receive e-mails which is nice.

Jennifer is one of four cooks on staff. This is in addition to a man who is up there permanently as a cook. This will be good for Jennifer as she is taking culinary classes in the Fall at City College. Her goal (right now) is to be a baker with the intention of some day owning her own bake shop preferably in a mountain resort type town.

So, that is it for today. I am going to go back to trying to get links on the right side of my template and I also will look into the photo hosting for this blog. But that may not happen until tomorrow. There is probably a lot that can be done here, I just have to figure it out. And, yes, my trip in April will show up as will my Disneyland visit. That will hopefully occur tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.