Monday, August 29, 2005

This past weekend was my church's 30th anniversary celebration. Saturday evening was a lovely banquet catered by Marie Callender's. The mushroom/artichoke chicken was yummy! The program was lovely but our family has attended this church for 10 years and most of the celebration went back to the beginning. I did not know a lot of the people who returned for this event or some that were mentioned. An excellent DVD was produced using a lot of old photos but again I really didn't recognize the people in the pictures. But the banquet and entertainment were great.

Then on Sunday we had our annual picnic which w
as also part of the celebration. The founding pastor was the speaker for the morning and he was really good. The picnic was excellent, as usual, and the weather was warm but not too bad. I remembered to take my camera to the picnic so here are some pictures from that event. Sorry, I forgot my camera for the banquet.


This area was used to serve drinks, shaved ice,
desserts and signing up children for Sunday School.


Amy and Julie man the registration table

Charles Leckie our pastor on the left and Donald Shoff the former pastor on the right

Lots of good food and fellowship

The children got to make a craft or ...


play games like toss the water balloon

Yum, the dessert table

Yes, a good time was had by all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. Who won the pie contest? I heard Liz Matthies took 3rd place.

So now you know that I am dating! I've seen Marc three times and I'll be seeing him again this Saturday. He is a genuinely nice man!

:-)