Friday, August 26, 2005

I am posting today to let you know about a new series of books I have stumbled across. Tuesday evening I decided to attend our fair city's monthly city council meeting. I thought the meeting started at 7 but it really began at 7:30 so I went next door to our lovely library. I discovered a book there by author Laura Childs entitled The Jasmine Moon Murder. This book is one of a series called "A Tea Shop Mystery". If you like mysteries, if you like tea, if you like the setting of South Carolina and if you like Civil War references then I can recommend these books. Here is a link to the author's web site

http://www.laurachilds.com/

Also in this book are references to all kinds of teas, great ideas for tea party themes and recipes are printed in the back.

I intend to visit the library and order from them the other titles in the series. Our library only has the one title. I love it when I discover a new series of books. I wish I had stumbled across this at the beginning of summer because I love nothing better than to sit back with a good book and read and read.

Regarding Jennifer's class. Because the company who supplies the chefs clothing had lost her order, they shipped the clothing to her and waved the $10 shipping fee. So we did not have to drive into Los Angeles to pick up the clothing and it was delivered by UPS to our door on Wednesday afternoon. Finally, something worked out well! Even though the class has hardly met, their first test was Thursday. "On what?", I asked. Jennifer tells me the class is pretty much self taught and that they, the students, are responsible for reading the chapter(s) and being ready for testing on said subject. They are allowed to write names down (there are a lot of French words for cooking terms) and take the cards with them for the test. She said there was 44 questions on the test and knows she missed two. Other than that she feels she did very well on the rest of the test. Monday they are to come to class dressed out. Also Monday she should be getting her liability form and so can take that to the pastry shop and hopefully get her volunteer job squared away there for her 60 hours of service. That is really the only thing left hanging at this point.

Today we will be attending a Memorial Service for my friend Ellen's mother. I will post about that tomorrow.

Update: Several people I know with Blogger accounts are having problems with spam type comments. In order to prevent this happening to me I have turned on word verification for any comments posted. Now when you leave a comment you must post the letters you see. This prevents machines from leaving spam comments.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good going, Jennifer! Sounds like a fun class. I love cooking but don't have much time for it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Ellen's mom. But she is with the Lord, which is far better! Please give Ellen my love and tell her I am praying for them.