Saturday, October 01, 2005

THE WILL ROGERS FOLLIES

Yesterday afternoon my friend Carol called me and asked if I would like to go see this musical at the Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts. Yes!!! So she called and got tickets for us for last nights performance. I'm sorry I forgot my camera as I wanted to take pictures of the center. It is beautiful. Here are two links. One about the musical and one about the center.

http://www.cerritoscenter.com/event_calendar/events_detail.cfm?id_event=20225587


http://www.cerritoscenter.com/general.cfm

We had the "nosebleed" section seats but they were good. The theater is small and so it is not like you are too far away. The costumes were beautiful. We had a really good time.

The story takes you through the life of Will Rogers as if it was presented by Ziegfield. Lots of pretty, scantily dressed girls! Great dancing and singing. Even a dog act show!

They have some other pretty cool events coming up there in the future that we might go to. We are also thinking of attending a couple of plays at a college out in Orange County.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I go to Hollywood Pres. Church's Actor's Co-op to see plays. I love live entertainment!
See you at retreat!

Gail Callicott said...

Sounds like a blast. I wish I could go to the production of '42nd Street' out here! I'm going to 'Secessionville' next month! That should be great as they will be having "plays" there, too! Glad you were able to have a good time. B-t-b, LB was probably right. But I don't think you were planning on taking pictures INSIDE! (somehow, he seems to think that's what everyone with a camera who goes to a play or other thing wants to do!) HE hangs out with you....silly boy! :)