Saturday, October 29, 2005

HOLLYWOOD WAX MUSEUM; GOING AWAY FOREVER AND A PLAY


I had heard on the news that the Hollywood Wax Museum located in Buena Park near Knotts was closing it doors on Monday 10/31 and admission was $5 a person. So on Thursday afternoon Jennifer and I went to see it one last time. I have only been there once, back in the 70's and Jennifer has never been. I was basically impressed with how good it was. Some figures look nothing like the person they represent but others were dead on. Many of the settings for the figures were very elaborate and very well done. Below is a link to my album with some of the pictures I took. Click on Hollywood Wax Museum to see them.


http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4233026

The other thing I did was last night my friend Carol and I went to see a play at Vanguard University in Costa Mesa. It was "As It Is In Heaven" and was set in the mid 1800's. The premise was that of 9 women/girls living together in a Shaker community. The play is based on events that really happened and were recorded in journals by the Shakers. It was very well done. The actors were outstanding. The play was both humorous and sad. The set was very minimal and there were benches that were used and moved to form scenes in a very effective way. We had a really good time and afterwards there was a question and answer time between the audience and the actors/costume designer/and others. The price is only $10, $8 for seniors 55 and older. Can't beat that. We are going to two more of their plays this season.

Today is a "tea" in Fullerton. More on that later.

2 comments:

Gail Callicott said...

Very, very cool! I love plays where you get to talk to the actors and crew afterward....I think it really adds to the overall experiance!
RE: the Wax Museum. I haven't been there in about....(we won't go THERE) It was pretty keen when I went. Probably better so, now that there are more exhibits!
Tea sounds loverly! Mine is tomorrow. Miss JoAnn is bringing four of her granddaughters. It should be quite an experiance.

Gail Callicott said...

OH, MAN! Closing it's doors???? Why? Did you find out? I guess J.D. (and Pat) will never get the chance to go! (Niether will I)
(whine)