Saturday, July 26, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY FAIR 2008

On Wednesday July 23 I went to the Orange County Fair in Costa Mesa, California. The weather this past week has not been that hot so I thought it would be a good time to go. The theme this year is:

which applies to cheese products and photography (get it?) I came in through the entrance that is over by the animals and went and saw them first.




This tent is a display area for the children and they had this cool truck and a cheese sculpture.


And what would the fair be without food?!


What? Do you think I ate this?!!! (Yes, I did. I know - bad girl)

More theming
Interesting stilt walkers were around

Just a few interesting fair shots





Wow!


On to the garden area







Anyone like bonsai?

Inside the show building with flower and wood displays





It was not very crowded during the day but the crowds picked up during the evening hours

Inside this Arts and Crafts building was this handmade display of the show at Disneyland (in the Golden Horseshow) called Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. It is one of our favorite shows to see when we go to the park. This was amazing and won first place in its division and not only that it won Best in Show!


An evening shot just before leaving


The End

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really good coverage. Amazing food they have at the fairs now. Not for me though. And the model of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies was just great. You should make prints and put them with a letter to the Billies in a big envelope and ask someone at the bar to take it back to them. I am sure they would get a big kick out of that.

Skeller said...

Irene-
What wonderful, fun photos of the fair!! (I've been peeking in all week to see if you'd posted yet!!) My husband's a wee bit jealous you got the Australian Battered Potatoes ;-)

Irene said...

I got the smallest portion of potatoes but it was still too much for just one person. The next day I went to a previously scheduled class on controlling high cholesterol :o)
Good thing I went AFTER the fair!

Ms.Daisy said...

Great pictures of the fair, food, fun and, of course, the animals! I see we have some things in common, like books (I'm currently reading The Postcard by Beverly Lewis)and movies (even though I haven't listed all my favorites!)
I found you by way of Laura's Misc. Musings.

Irene said...

Glad you found me and thanks for stopping by. I read Laura's Blog all the time and will stop by yours :)

Laura Ellen said...

What great pictures! We love the OC Fair. Isn't the Kid Zone nice? I like that they separate it and the no alcohol. Scott loves the Footsie Wootsie. I think he goes to the fair just for that.