Wednesday, May 14, 2008

REVLON RUN WALK 2008

Gasp! An update ...

This last Saturday, May 10, was the 15th Annual Run/Walk For Women's Cancers. For 5 years Curves Lakewood has participated with a team. I have done this for 4 years, 2 of them as team captain.


Here's our sign as we head away from the coliseum toward the starting line

And a lot of other people were right behind us

I thought this companies T-shirt was pretty cool

Getting close to the official starting line

Even dogs get to be a part of the walk

On the other side of the starting line two fire engines display the American flag

Lynn and her son from my school walk in support of ... me! (I've blocked out my last name as I don't believe in putting full names out there in cyber space).

Out of the thousands of people there we ran into two teams of people I know! This is part of the team from my school who were walking in support of a mom who is battling breast cancer for the fourth time.

We've made it to Mile 2

KABC Channel 7 is always there and one of the weathermen, Karth Kemp is also there. He is the nicest most down to earth man you'd ever want to meet.

I thought this photo of Lynn and her son was so sweet.

Disney had a team participating too :)

We are approaching the end and this is looking back at the crowd ...

... looking forward.

As you approach the tunnel entrance this group bangs away on the drums. It makes it very exciting.

Made it to the end, Mile 3!

Approaching the tunnel entrance

Coming out of the tunnel we approach the finish line.

After we got our medal and as a survivor, a rose, we went and got our snack bag.

The entertainment this year was The Go-Go Girls. They were very good.

A huge crowd fills the coliseum

I like the fact that they always light the flame for this event.

This year we had 23 people on our team. So far we have raised over $1,000 most of which was taken in by a raffle at Curves that I organized. I am very proud of everyone who came out to support this most important cause.

Update: As of 5/23 the amount we have taken in is $1,745.00!

4 comments:

Rhea said...

Way to raise money for a good cause! Looks like it was fun too. Thanks for sharing and enjoyed the pictures too!

Anonymous said...

Very good turnout and it really looks to be a lot of fun and a very cool way to raise money for a good cause. Those pictures of Lynn and her son where really nice.

Kori and Ken Pellman said...

Way to go!

Hey, i just noticed we're on your blogroll. Wow, I'm honored. Guess I should add you to ours, seeing as how I check back on you weekly.

Thanks!
-Ken

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken, did you know that this blogger is my sister and that Jeniffer is my Neice? This is Bruce and I know you from Disneyland, I used to come every Sunday with Alan Lovell. Lost Boy is my screen name and LB is the initials for me. I have a blog somewhere but I never post to it anymore.