Tuesday, October 02, 2007

FRIDAY OCTOBER 5 LEE NATIONAL DENIM DAY

This Friday in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month, wear your jeans. This event has occurred the first Friday in October for the past several years. This year EIF (Entertainment Industry Foundation) is backing and doing publicity for the event. They also do the Revlon Run Walk during the month of May in Los Angeles and New York.

For more information you can visit their web site here: http://www.denimday.com/index.html

I was contacted by them due to the fact I was team captain for the Curves that I work out at for the Revlon Run Walk. I have signed up as the team coordinator for Curves again and we are doing Denim Week at the club and collecting $5 from each member which will then be sent to EIF. All the money will be going directly to breast cancer research.

To donate to my team directly on line you can go here:

https://register.denimday.com/TeamWebPage.cfm?pID=24521

Why do I do this? Because I am a 6 year survivor and also because I have lost several friends to this disease lately. The most recent was just this past Saturday. I wonderful woman aged 55 who fought bravely for seven years. She was one of Paul's cousins. In 2003 she wrote a letter to a woman who had just been diagnosed with cancer. She published this letter as an article entitled Tales of a Reluctant Sailor. At the time she wrote this there was no sign of cancer left in her body. The cancer did come back, though. It is well worth the time to read and you will see what a special lady she was.

http://www.phoons.com/o/ReluctantSailor.html


Janice Irene Geist
January 6, 1952 - September 29, 2007

So, this Friday don't forget to wear those jeans!


I wished my bottom looked this good in a pair of jeans :)

1 comment:

Laura Ellen said...

So are you saying those aren't your buns? I thought that was you!

The letter is great.

Praise God! I can't believe it's been six years for you. It seems like just yesterday in some ways and a hundred years ago in others.