Tuesday, November 22, 2005

ACSI CONVENTION

For the last two days I have been working a booth in the exhibit hall of the Anaheim Convention Center. This was for the ACSI Convention. ACSI stands for Association of Christian Schools International. Every year the teachers and full time staff from my school attend the convention. Those of us who are part time have never been offered the opportunity to attend because there really isn't very much of interest to us there. It is geared more toward the teachers and administrators.

This year Al called our school (he is good friends with our principal) and asked if someone from our school could help him out in his booth. Our secretary, Cindy, thought of me and asked if I wanted the job. Sure. Why not? So I have been selling Christian rock and contemporary music CD's and Al's material. It was fun because I love talking to people. I also learned a lot about Christian Rock and a lot of the music played as samples was really good. The draw back was standing all day on a concrete floor. Also the drive to and from in rush hour traffic made me appreciate the fact that I live close to my real job. Below are some pictures of the exhibit area.

Here is a picture of Al in front of his booth. He has a ministry which aides parents and educators in helping their children understand the dangers of modern music (the nasty hard rock and rap stuff that is out there). He is a very popular speaker and people love his workshops. He is very personable and outgoing.

This is Al's secretary, Judy. Her husband Ron also helped in the booth but is not pictured. She is very nice and used to be a special education teacher.

Here Judy is helping a customer select a CD. This picture shows how the CD's and Al's materials were laid out on two tables. We were on a corner which made for more room to spread out.

This shows a small portion of the exhibit area. The green area in the middle had chairs and fake trees for a nice little rest area.

Disney had a real nice display for Narnia. They were giving away all kinds of promotional material including large posters and a box of material for teaching about the C.S. Lewis novel in the classroom. I, of course, got everything I could lay my hands on!

No comments: